Saturday, January 11, 2014

Making Lemonade...Out of a Pile of Shit

I frequently remind myself that to be an author you have to make like Hannibal Lecter and put on your thickest, flashiest skin daily. People are going to hate your book. They're going to do it without tact by calling it "a big steaming pile of sh*t" or make some reference to you being a "talentless hack" or a "waste of life". I have personally had people say that my characters are ridiculous and that real people would never act like that, so this blog post by Tara Sivec just made my day.

http://www.tarasivec.com/negative-reviews-no-problem/

Ironically, when a negative review manages to bring me low, I just read negative reviews that people have left some of my favorite authors, on my favorite books. So, Tara, your negative reviews serve yet another purpose...making me feel better. Congratulations. LOL If people think Tara's books are a pile of sh*t, I want to be one too.



<3

No comments:

Post a Comment